High School Learning Support Specialist
Kohelet Yeshiva High School, a private Modern Orthodox Jewish High School in Lower Merion, PA, seeks a full-time Learning Support Specialist for the 2021-2022 school year. Candidates should have a background in reading and writing instruction and support, and be able to work with students with a wide range of learning differences. We are looking for a reflective candidate who is passionate about teaching and who enjoys working in an environment that promotes continuing professional learning.
Desired skills and experience include:
- A degree in education, learning support, English, or a related field, including TESOL.
- Experience working directly with students on reading and writing support and instruction.
- Ability to potentially teach a class in English or humanities that focuses on the cultivation of reading, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide academic support in English, history and science, with a focus on reading comprehension, the writing process, organization and study skills.
- Ability to support student development in executive functioning skills to promote success in a rigorous academic environment with a dual curriculum in General and Judaic Studies.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to differentiate support for students with a variety of strengths and skill levels.
- Comfort with educational technology, including computers and learning management systems including Google Classroom and Google Suite tools.
- Ability to assist classroom teachers in implementing recommendations in students’ learning plans.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Position begins August 2021. For more information about Kohelet Yeshiva, please visit the school’s website. To apply please send a letter of interest and resume to Dr. Jeremy Sullivan, Director of General Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org.