MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE AND MATH TEACHER
The Science and Math Teacher position is envisioned as a full-day position encompassing all Science and Mathematics instruction for a multi-age middle school learning environment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead a mixed-age and ability class along with other teaching team members.
- Work collaboratively to design and implement project-based and integrated curricula.
- Utilize research-based best practices in subject instruction to create rigorous, dynamic, skill-building, learning environments for middle schoolers, and collaborate with all colleagues for the integration of General and Judaic Studies
- Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills and create a positive classroom culture that fosters student ownership, creativity and problem-solving.
- Assess students in a variety of ways, and use data to assist student growth, self-reflection, and instruction.
- Determine students’ academic and social-emotional learning goals, ensure they’re met, and communicate them to colleagues, parents, and students regularly.
- Be active in the school community (attend events at KYMS, including professional development, and open house events, among others).
The successful candidate will:
- have an undergraduate or graduate degree in education.
- have an undergraduate or graduate degree in a Math or Science field.
- have prior experience with creating child-centered learning activities, and classroom teaching experience with MS students.
- demonstrate a reflective mindset, intellectual curiosity, and leadership potential.
- be excited by a fast-paced all-hands-on-deck “startup” culture of a new school.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you want to be part of a team of passionate and talented educators who are committed to impacting Jewish lives and changing the face of Jewish education, please email your resume to Kohelet Yeshiva Middle School: email@example.com.